Wednesday 19 January 2011

Wedding 'Fun' Photos

When I'm asked to photograph a wedding, I always take time to ask the couple what they're looking for from the photography and what style they're interested in.  Usually the result of this is that couples are looking for natural shots, but still with an element of group and posed shots... But not too many posed shots.

This is quite natural because unless you're a professional (or aspiring) model, most of us don't like having our pictures taken (me included! Which is why I took up photography... I look better on this side of the lens!).

Whatever style the couple decide upon, I always say that the pictures should reflect their personality and it should be as fun as THEY want it to be... I can be as wild or conservative as they want to go!

My role is to capture their personality along with the emotion of the day in the most natural and fun way that I can.  Judging by the testimonials and feedback I've received (www.garyhibberd.co.uk) , my approach has worked so far and I hope to continue to meet and exceed my clients expectations by delivering fun pictures which will make them laugh or cry when they look at them.

The following picture isn't one of mine, but for the couple in the picture it looks like they were having fun! So does it matter if I like the picture or not? I don't think so... just as long as the couple like it. And I think that's the important point in all photography.

(Source unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment