Sunday 6 February 2011

Portfolio shoots

When was the last time you pampered yourself and had a REALLY good photo taken?  Think about that for a second... When was the last time you had a picture that you thought, “Yeah.  I’d like to have that printed and in a frame in my front room!”  The sad truth is that most of us would say we’ve not had that feeling for a long time and the reason is that there are so many ways to take a picture that we’ve lost what a picture can mean.

Pictures are a fantastic gift either for a loved one or for yourself.  But getting the right kind of picture usually means waiting until you’re at a wedding or some special event and then getting someone to take that picture for you, which you then HOPE will turn out ok. 

So why not treat yourself, or someone you know to a fantastic photo shoot in a studio, where you know that the light can be controlled (along with the elements!) and you end up with a set of photos you really like.

I love photographing weddings as they offer something truly unique in photography that you rarely get in others forms.  But I feel that offering studio photography adds a further dimension to my wedding photography as it allows me to spend time with a subject, playing with light and directing a position to get ‘just’ the right look we’re going for.  This, I believe makes me a far stronger and more rounded photographer than I would be if I didn’t have these skills.

You’ll see from the shoots below the look and feel of both are very different, but that’s intentional and I love creating the mood with lighting (painting with light) and working with angles to achieve different results.

  (Jessica having fun at the studio)

Photo shoots should be fun (well... mine always are) so like wedding photography you should feel comfortable with the person behind the lens so that you will look at your most relaxed in front of the lens.

(Stacey's shoot was great fun and she has some really unique pictures for her portfolio) 

(We had a fantastic shoot for Sarah (below) and again, the look is completely individual and great for Sarah) 



If you’re interested in a photo shoot with me, then please drop me a line or give me a call.  Whatever the look or feeling you’re going for, if it’s a gift for you or for a family member, I’d love to hear from you. 
I have access to a couple of studios in Sheffield and Rotherham, both of which provide me with the flexibility to shoot different styles photos, but the main aim is to capture some great images that you can use as gifts, promotions, portfolios or even for yourself! (If your New Year’s resolution of shedding pounds is working, why not capture it?!).  


No comments:

Post a Comment