Sunday 20 February 2011

Photoshop Art

Well, it's been another busy week for me and I'm looking forward to more photography and photoshop work this coming week.


Wedding requests are coming through thick and fast and I'm sorry to say there seem's to be a lot of people out there choosing the same day(s) as I've had to turn down three weddings over the past couple of days as they had selected the same date!  It's sad as I really wish I could be there for everyone, but it's just not possible (obviously!).


Anyway... Photoshop Art work this week has seen me create a couple of funky images for models I've worked with recently.  Below are the 'before and after' shots so you can see what I've done.  But let me know what you think... I love creating individual images which gives the subject that something extra.


Stacey 
Stacey's shoot was a fantastic opportunity to capture images that reflect her great, individual look but I also wanted to give her a funky mysterious look which focused on her hair and her eyes.  



Using a number of layers, brushes and lighting techniques I gave her a 'hot' look that would look great on a movie poster!  I think this really works well and makes her eyes 'pop', accentuating her lovely features.  And if you're wondering how long it takes to create an image like this... "Smouldering Stacey" took me over an hour to complete, but I believe the results are worth it, and Stacey loves it too!



Sarah
Sarah has a genuinely classic look and I wanted to give her a funky, grungy picture which would give her something out of the ordinary and would again add a different dimension to her portfolio.


 


The image required a grungy background and layers which would give it a sprayed and cracked paint feeling.  Added to this is the lighting and we end up with an image which looks 'dirty' by comparison to the clean lines of the original shot. Great fun to create which took almost an hour to complete.




Photoshop Art
Photoshop is an amazing tool which allows me to make wedding and studio photos sparkle and shine but it also gives me the opportunity to be creative and deliver something different to each person I'm lucky enough to work with.


I'm pleased to say that all the subjects I work with go away with something truly unique and I hope gives them something different to think about when looking at our work.


I'm REALLY looking forward to all the studio work I have lined up for 2011 and I hope you book me too so I can create something just for you!


I'd love to hear what you think of these images, or of PhotoShop editing in general.  Do you think PhotoShop editing has gone too far? 


Go to www.garyhibberd.co.uk to see more work and find out more about the services I offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment