Friday 11 February 2011

By Royal Appointment... almost!

Ok, so we all know that there is a Royal wedding planned this year and that they will have an army of people helping to organise their big day.  Well, when the announcement went out I thought it would be kinda fun to send a letter to Prince William and Katie Middleton, offering my congratulations but also offering my services as a photographer.

We all know that having great photos is important so I don't see the Prince and his new bride as any different, which is why I wrote to them offering great pictures, exceptional service all at affordable prices (I'm sure budget is something that is on their mind too).

Well, I didn't have my hopes up too high but I sent the letter, a leaflet and a business card to see what would happen...

Now, a really nice end to this story would be that they got in touch and have accepted my offer, but no this isn't quite what happened.  I did however receive a very nice letter from St James' Palace thanking me for my kind offer.

The point is, I really believe it's important to ask and not assume (who knows, they might still need a backup photographer!)  I also think it's great just to do something that makes you smile, when you think of it.

Finally, it does mean that I'm still available on 29th April so if you're planning on getting married on the same day as HRH Prince William and Katie, then do get in touch... If you don't, you might find that I've had a call from the Palace!!


(Letter to be framed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment