Monday 28 March 2011

Time for a workout...!

Like most people I try and get to the gym and work off the excesses of the weekend... But when I was approached by Liam to shoot him on a workout for his portfolio, I realised I probably haven't been working hard enough!

It was certainly a different kind of shoot for me, but still fun.  It was great that Liam had a very definite idea of what he wanted from his shoot and the look and feel of the images were clearly understood.

I think the end results are much better for the fact that the client (Liam) understood what he wanted and really understood the power of good photography and the value of it.  I believe that taking pictures, in a studio, at a wedding or in the gym(!) can be greatly improved if both parties respect each other and come to the 'party' with ideas and a willingness to participate.

I really enjoyed the shoot in the gym and I'm looking forward to working with Liam again, but in more familiar surroundings of a studio.  But wherever or whenever it happens, the emphasis is going to be on working together  to get everything right.


No comments:

Post a Comment